Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd
Regd. Office: - Ground Floor, Dr. Ramanbhai Patel Bhavan, West Zone Office, Ahmedabad Municiapal Corporation, Usmanpura, Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has incorporated “Special Purpose Vehicle” called Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd in order to run and to operate BRTS buses. Ahmedbad Janmarg Ltd is registered under Companies Act, 1956 and is 100% subsidiary of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation. In order to provide faster, reliable, eco friendly and advanced Public Transportation Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd is committed to operate and run BRTS services for the citizen of Ahmedabad. As per the MOA, Municipal Commissioner is the Chairman of the Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd and following are the Board of Directors of the company.
1. Dr. Guruprasad Mohapatra, IAS, Municipal Commissioner - Chairman
2. Smt. Meenakshi Patel, Mayor - Director
3. Shri Bhupendra R Patel, Chairman - Standing Committee.
4. Shri Babubhai Zadafiya, AMTS Chairman - Director
5. Shri Badruddin Shaikh, Opposition Party Leader - Director
6. Shri Harikrishna Patel, IPS, Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic), Ahmedabad - Director
7. Shri Arjav J. Shah, Executive Director.
Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd is responsible to operate buses, to decide fare, to maintain bus lanes and to maintain bus shelters. Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd also gets advertisement rights across BRTS route and provides Pay & Park facilities to the citizen of Ahmedabad.
Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd has won many accolades for the implementation of sustainable BRTS Operation.
1. National Award for “Best Mass Transit Rapid System Project - 2009” from Government of India.
2. International Award for “Sustainable Transport Award – 2010” at Washington DC, USA.
3. International Award for “Outstanding Innovations in Public Transportation – 2010” from UITP, Germany.
4. National Award for “Best Innovation Project Towards Improvement in Urban Mobility in the City of Ahmedabad through New Technological Innovations in Janmarg BRTS – 2010” from Government of India.
5. International Award for Design – “Daring Ambition Award and Knowledge and Research Award – 2011” at 59th UITP World Congress, Dubai.
6. National Award for “Award for Excellence in the category of Best ITS Project – 2011” from Government of India.
7. International Award for "Momentum For Change 2012" was given by United Nations in the light house activities confrence, held on 5th December 2012 at Doha, Qatar.
8. Ahmedabad Janmarg Limited –AJL has won one award at 60th UITP World Congress, Geneva on 27th May, 2013. AJL-AMC have received award in the category of ‘UITP India Political Commitment Award’. This award was given by Mr. Peter Hendy, President Elect UITP, in the presence of other UITP delegates from all over the world and delegates from India.
Ahmedabad Janmarg Ltd has 87 km operational route with 160 (59 A.C buses) buses and about 1.45 lakhs average passengers per day.